   You may be referring to the Reduced Shakespeare Company (RSC but
definitely not the same RSC as the Royal Shakespeare Company!) They do
the complete works of Shakespeare in 2 Acts - the entire 2nd act being
devoted to Hamlet. There is a book out of their script:
     _The Reduced Shakespeare Co. presents The Compleat Works of Wllm
     Shkspr (abridged)_ by Jess Borgeson, Adam Long, and Daniel Singer.
     ed by Prof. J. M. Winfield. New York: Applause Books, 1994.
     ISBN 1-55783-157-2 $8.95
   From the Acknowledgements page: they've been in existence 12 years.
Appear to be based in California. "All inquiries concerning performance
rights should be addressed to : Writers and Artists Agency, 19 West 44th
Street, Suite 1000, NY, NY 10036, Attn: William Craver"
   Don't know how you would contact the group directly.
   My husband (English teacher turned school counselor) nearly fell out
of bed while reading this - he was laughing so hard...
        Melissa Davis                   Librarian
        Splendora Middle School         Splendora I.S.D.
        P O Box 168                     Splendora, TX 77372
        Internet: mbdavis@tenet.edu     PHONE: (713)689-2853
        CompuServe: 75146,771

On Thu, 25 Aug 1994, mail@ Judie Porter wrote:

> During the summer there was a segment on the Today show (I think) about
> a theater group which does a high-energy synopsis of Shakespeare plays,
> each about 5 minutes long, and quite funny.  I missed this program, but
> have had a couple of people mention it to me.  Does anyone know anything
> about this theater group, where they perform, their name?  Do they go
> on the road?  I heard they were from Chicago, then Washington D.C., then
> New York City.  Can anyone give me any information?  Thanks
> Judie Porter, Media Supervisor, Portsmouth Schools, R.I.

LM_NET Archive Home