On Thu, 25 Aug 1994, Doug Johnson wrote:

> Reasons Why Schools Should Have Internet Access: A Baker's Dozen
>
> Add your reasons here:

14.  Students need experienced internet users to help them learn to
handle volumes of information.

(Example, one of our very bright students is planning to enter the UIL
Current Events category.  He came to the library looking for newspapers
beyond our regional ones.  When I showed him the Internet, he said, "It's
very amusing, but too much information at once."  He quickly determined that
if he could focus on one thing, it would be a very good source; but he
understands that he needs a broad view of everything.  It's going to be
up to me to show him how to use the internet so he won't be overwhelmed.)

Betty
                                .----.
Betty Hamilton, LRS             |    |             701 Cub Drive
Brownfield High School LMC  ____|*    ~~~~~~}      Brownfield TX 79316
                            \              /       (806) 637-4523
                                  \     {
                                    \  }