---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 1994 09:27:53 -0400
From: Steve Kankus <kankus@nysernet.ORG>
To: mike@SUVM.SYR.EDU
Subject: NYSERNet/NITEC Fall Catalog

Mike, Here is an announcement of the Fall NITEC Internet training catalog.
I think some of the workshops we are teaching will interest folks
who subscribe to LM_NET.  Please pass this along to them if you think
it is appropriate.  Thanks, Steve Kankus

NYSERNET FALL TRAINING CATALOG AVAILABLE

NYSERNet, Inc. announces the availability of the NYSERNet Internet
Training and Education Center -- NITEC -- Fall Training Catalog.
Designed to operate year-round, NITEC offers a full schedule of seminars
and workshops for beginning, intermediate, and advanced Internet users.
The Fall Catalog is now available.

FALL SEMINAR SAMPLER
        For New Internet Users:
        -- Locating and Using Internet Information Resources
        -- Tourist UNIX
        -- We the People: Accessing Government Information
        -- Integrating the Internet into Your Curriculum

        For More Advanced Users:
        -- Building an Internet Information Server: Gopher
        -- Building an Internet Information Server: WWW
        -- Conquering Client/Server Computing
        -- Understanding LANs and WANs

FACILITIES IN SYRACUSE, NEW YORK
The NITEC classroom is a state-of the-art facility that seats 24 students for
lectures or smaller groups for hands-on training.  NITEC supports both
Macintosh and DOS/Windows computers.  NITEC students work with
the latest Internet client software and resources in an environment
conducive to learning and retention. The center also provides technical
training for systems administrators, primarily in UNIX.  NITEC has
assembled a knowledgeable team of instructors and curriculum-specific
consultants and educators.

FOR A NITEC CATALOG

        U.S. MAIL
        Send your name, address and zip code to:
        NYSERNet/NITEC
        Suite 103, 200 Elwood Davis Road, Liverpool, NY 13088-6147
        or request via E-Mail to training@nysernet.org.

        GOPHER (nysernet.org 70)
        /NYSERNet Internet Training & Education Center (NITEC)/Fall 1994

        Course Abstracts - NEW

        WORLD WIDE WEB
        http://nysernet.org/nitec.info/fall.94.html

Stephen R. Kankus                            NYSERNet, Inc.
<kankus@nysernet.org>                        Suite 103, 200 Elwood Davis Rd.
NITEC Manager                                Liverpool, NY  13088-6147
Voice:  315/453-2912, ext. 234               Fax:  315/453-3052

LM_NET Archive Home