We also charge 10 per page to print.
We have a contract for 20% of whatever the company takes in on the two
machines.  While it is not much in return (sometimes they do $2000.00 a
month during high demand research paper times.  The students have the
option without paying a lot.  These are copy machines.

For our printouts for workstations.  We have 12 each connected to a
printer.
For these we do not charge but make it strongly clear that they may not
print a novel.  Once in a while we catch them printing long citations and
full text.  But most of the time they do not do that and remind each other.
We have explained tight budget and when the paper is gone it is gone.

Now if only they were just as careful about playing with the config . sys
on the IBM and the control panels on the MACs we would be in heave.

All in all our 2500+ students are good students in media cnetr use.  We
have our share of midgets (9th graders) who mess us up on a daily basis.

LM_NET Archive Home