Periodical Jobbers--Help Needed!

A media director in our area asked me to post the following message on LM_Net
since he currently does not have access to the net:

I have a question for Media personnel who use subscription services. Who do you
use for your subscription services?  I just put in a call to EBSCO to check on
the prices of four magazines.  These are fairly different subscriptions but
they all have one thing in common; the publisher's cost is far less than the
jobber.  Here are the four examples:

MagazineEBSCOPublisher
Petersen's Hunting$19.94$13.97
Newsweek$41.00$32.86
Discover$29.95$19.95
Parenting$18.00$11.97

Total$108.89$78.75

As you can see, the difference in cost is $30.14, which is the price of one or
two magazine subscriptions.  I work in a small school with a fairly limited
budget and cannot afford to pay this kind of fee for someone else to take care
of orders for me.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a jobber that can come closer to the
mark?

Thanks in advance for your help!  Please send replies to:
Trish Peterson, Central MN Libraries Exchange, CH 61, St. Cloud State
University, St. Cloud, MN 56301
OR  via Internet to:
ppeterson@tigger.Stcloud.MSUS.EDU

LM_NET Archive Home