Our District wrote a Strategic Plan in 1992, and I helped write the
Technology plan portion of it.  It was great on paper.  It called for
automated circulation systems in all elementary schools and automated cir
and catalog systems in the middle school and high school by 1994. At the
time it was implemented only my middle school and one elemn. school had
automated cir. systems.  The problem is that our district leaves it up to
the individual campus to implement the plan, so we still have 3 elem.
schools and the *high school!* not automated, because the librarians
there do not have the motivation, or the funds, or the backing, or
whatever the case may be, to move forward with the plan.  I suspect this
may be a common problem with large districts that do not have library
supervisors or coordinators.  Wanda Cuniff in Nacogdoches, TX.

LM_NET Archive Home