Last week I learned from a newspaper article that my school district was
adopting an "inspection of instructional materials" policy.  I called the
superintendent and he said that they were adopting this policy because of
the "Goals 2000: Educate America Act".  I asked for a copy of this and it
allows for parpents and other members of the school community to inspect
all instructional materials, including teacher's manuals, films, tapes and
other supplementary material which will be used in connection with any
survey, analysis, or evaluation as part of any federally funded programs.
If the people inspecting the materials object do you think the objections
should be channed to the Reconsideration Committee or Selection Review
Committee?  Will these policies have an effect on our selection process?
Please let me hear your thoughts on this matter.

Kathy Geronzin,
Jr.-Sr. High School Librarian,
Northeast Communit School District
Goose Lake, IA 52750

Don't criticize the coffee, you might be old and weak someday too.

LM_NET Archive Home