As a member of the Massachusetts School Library Media Association, I
volunteered to work on the committee that wil be recommending new standards for
 school
library media centers. I have offered to send an email to LM_NET asking for your
help.

1. Does your state have standards for library media centers?

2. If so, would you have an address/phone number where we could write/call
to receive a copy?

3. Do you have any suggestions to be included in our recommendations?

4. Does your state have a person in the State Dept. of Education that is
specifically designated to deal with library media centers?

5. Has your state or community done a study similar to the Colorado study?
(i.e. students achievement tied to schools which have a library)

6. Does your state define what is a school? For example: Grades - K-4; K-2;
K-3; 1-3; 1-4; 4-6; 6-8; 5-8; etc.

Thanks for any help you can give.

--
Carole Perla                            cperla@k12.ucs.umass.edu
An Wang Math/Science Middle School      (508) 937-7682

LM_NET Archive Home