Hello LM_NET Colleagues,

  LM_NET is proud to announce the second installment of our continuing,
value added feature:  "LM_NET Unlurking Day".  The Second 1994 LM_NET
Unlurking Day will be on Thursday, December 15.  Hooray!  :-)

  Unlurking Day is _especially_ for those who have _never_ (well, maybe
almost never) posted a message to LM_NET.  It is a chance for lurkers to
dive into the great watering hole, and share a cup with the rest of us.
On Unlurking Day, LM_NET lurkers are encouraged to introduce themselves,
and share a few sentences about their work, experiences, hopes and dreams,
or whatever they feel is appropriate.

   Judging from the enthusiastic responses to our September premier, we
will be scheduling many more LM_NET Unlurking Days.  (In case you don't
know, an Internet lurker is a discussion group member who does not
participate in the discussions.)

  Here is a reminder of how to post to LM_NET.

POSTING YOUR MAIL MESSAGES TO ALL LM_NET MEMBERS
   How do you send a message to all of the other subscribers of LM_NET?
   It's easy. Just send an e-mail message as you would to anyone else with
   an electronic mail address.  Send to:  LM_NET@SUVM.SYR.EDU
                                     or:  LM_NET@SUVM   (Bitnet only)

  For those of you who are worried about excessive messages showing up in
your mailbox, we suggest setting your mail to "digest" for the day.
 - Simply send the following message to:  listserv@suvm.syr.edu
                For Bitnet members only:  listserv@suvm
  set lm_net digest

  We are looking forward to Thursday, December 15, and our very first
LM_NET Unlurking Day!  Please join us with a special message.

Peter Milbury and Mike Eisenberg, for LM_NET

.

LM_NET Archive Home