...knows rain, dear. (a punchline to a joke that I have forgotten).

I saw either on the 'net or one of the newsgroups, the history behind
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. Interesting history: an employee of a
dept. store was commissioned to write a Christmas story (by the dept.
store). After he wrote Rudolph, the store gave away 2 million copies to
children. The song, Rudolph, came along in 1945 (the story was written in
1939), and was written by Johnny Marks. My question for this net is this:
does anyone have the original text to the story of Rudolph? We all have
seen the song in print, but I don't ever recall seeing the STORY in
print. Is it in rhyme, or what? I have a filmstrip version that is told
as a parody of The Night Before Christmas, but I doubt that is the true
version. Any leads, send to me, and I can post a HIT if there is interest.

Wade Weiler             "Visualize Whirled Peas..."  =:-)
Irving ISD
Irving, TX
wadew.@tenet.edu

LM_NET Archive Home