Thank you for the response to my query last month on Chelsea House's gay bio
series. Twelve lm-netters responded. Four were interested in the response I
got and didn't voice an opinion pro or con on the series. Two respondents
were quite positive on the series and planned to add titles to their
collections. One respondent was mildly positive and was considering adding
the titles. The rest of the respondents (5) were quite negative on the
series--why focus a biography on someone's sexual preference rather than on
his/her achievements?--personally, or felt that it (the series) would be too
provocative for their schools. My guess from the fairly low number of
need for such a series. THANKS AGAIN for writing back!  Anne O'Malley
nths@aol.com

LM_NET Archive Home