Hi Linda,
Most of the major Internet service providors do not offer unlimited time
for their monthly fee.  Our District has a local connection doing this
for us.  You don't say what City you are in, but check out your yellow
pages, KCPT, and local Universities to see about this type of
connection.  Many Universities are offering SLIP connections instead of
just accounts which is an even better deal.  Let me know how you come out!
Terrie Miller- KCMO Sch. Dist
tmillekc@cyclops.pei.edu

On Sun, 18 Dec 1994, Linda D Behen wrote:

> We've just hooked up our modem in our inner city middle school, and I'm going
> to try to convince the staff and principal of the importance of on-line
> services for both staff and students.  I'm am currently a subscriber to both
> Compuserve and AOL, but I'm concerned about the cost of both of those
> services with many users.  Is there a service out there with unlimited time
> for a single monthly fee?  Or are there institutional subscriptions with
> unlimited time?  I'd appreciate any advice you can give me--I'm a new (fresh
> out of library school) school librarian.  Thanks.

LM_NET Archive Home