Hello all!  I'm sorry it's taken a while for me to answer... with the help
of Carol Simmons (both an lm_netter and a br_matcher), I've been told about
the message below and wanted to reply to all - in case any others were
interested.

BR_Match exists for the purpose of getting classes of readers together -
to discuss what they're reading.  BookRead, the parent project, was and
continues to reside on WCU MicroNet - one of North Carolina's premier
K-12 computer network services/providers.  BR_Match was an outgrowth of
BookRead- to get more people (classes, teachers, students) together to
discuss what they're reading.

We made our original announcement about BR_Match sometime during the 93-94
school year and have been a bit slow to repost.  The reason for this is that
we're trying to move the list to our own computer and have been holding off
on the reannouncement uintil we are able to do that.  When we have our own
listserv manager software, we'll be reposting a fuller description of the
BR_Match list and the BookRead project to several lists (lm_net included).

If anybody is interested in getting more information or corresponding
one-on-one, please feel free to do so... my email address is:
        johnson@micronet.wcu.edu

You can subscribe (until further notice) by sending email to:

       Send a message to:       mailserv@wcu.edu
       Subject:                 (blank)
       In the body, type:       subscribe BR_Match

> Dear Netters
>
> In the spring I subscribed to a list called BK_MATCH--or something
> like that.  The list owner was Patti Johnson, I think.  I haven't
> heard anything and am worrying if I'm still on the list.  AND--when
> I got my acknowledgement I tossed to instructions.
>
> Does anyone know anything about this list?
>
> By the way, its a medium for teacher, students and librarians reading
> young adult literature to talk to each other.  I think some authors
> are on the list also.
>
> Jan Wojnaroski
> jwojnaro@condor.mcs.kent.edu

LM_NET Archive Home