Before I move on I want to thank all who contributed to my need for a
different perspective before rewriting my job description in connection
with our current self eval for reaccreditation to NE Middle School Assn.
Let me tell you about my plan. It will use vocabulary from district
mission statement, will directly relate to district goals for students'
affective, intellectual and behavioral performance goals. Using the big
six as a model for approaching any task, my activities will encompass
planning through communication and evaluation. It will emphasize higher
level thinking activities, and include words like "delegate",
"supervise", "recruit". It will also include words like "efficient,
effective, cost effective. There are 2 more words from Hip pocket
Guide to writing grants -- I'll have to dig it out. The word knowledge
will find its way into this description. There is a table from an old
article that Susan Snyder may recall having given me in the early days
which acknowledged the different stages of school libraries, from
collection of books, through emerging media center on to fully integrated
media center and production studio. I might make mention of where I place
my library on that spectrum, and activities I engage in that directly
relate to moving in the direction of integrated program. My job title
will be Rundlett Library Media Supervisor. When I get the rough draft
together, is anyone willing to do a peer review?
Thanks again for all your expert advice. You keep me lookin' good!
Theresa S. Toy     t_toy@tech.nh.us   Rundlett Jr High, Concord, NH  03301

LM_NET Archive Home