The discussion is very interesting.  I a new librarian (first job).
The discussion is particularialy interesting because my prof. had
our class read 2 articles written in 1968 (Information Technology
Class).  The authors of the articles were in great debate concernign
the job description and function of "today's librarian" in which
the technology world was just beginning to have an influence!..
Everything changes so rapidly, yet we are still in debate over our
title!....Ultimately, we will be known by whatever our users so name
us.....for me the K-6 students constantly refer to me as "the library
teacher."

LM_NET Archive Home