Well Olga, in response to your request for quotes, I have a bundle.  Quotes
just happen to be one of the things I really enjoy and I have a BIG folder
full that I'm going to pass along to you.

Be yourself. No one can even tell you you're doing it wrong.J. Herlihy
Begin at once to live, and count each day as a separate life. L. Seneca
Establishing goals is all right if you don't let them deprive you of
        interesting detours.
Ever notice that the person in front of you in a checkout line always has
        one item that requires a summit conference of store personnel to
        determine the price of?
A friend hears the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory
        fails.
Sometimes the smallest things in life are the hardest to take.  You can
        sit on a mountain more comfortably than on a tack.
So live that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the
        town gossip.  Will Rogers
We may scorn wicked tongues, but it's the evil ears that keep them wagging.
Memory is the power to gather roses in the winter.
The chains of habit are generally too small to be felt until they are too
        strong to be broken.  Johnson
You can always tell luck from ability by its duration.
If you're not failing now and again, its a sign you're playing it safe.
Keep your face to the sunshine and you can't see the shadow. Helen Keller
Cherish the small and tender moments of the day.
Take away love and our earth is a tomb.
Love is not measured by how many times you touch each other but by how
        many times you reach each other.
The difference between news and gossip lies in whether you raise your voice
        or lower it.
Happiness often sneaks through a door you didn't know you left open.
There's too much said about talking and too little heard about listening.
If you don't want anyone to know,     don't do it.
Concert pianist Kochanski was once asked, "Who's your favorite rock group?"
        He responded, "Mount Rushmore."
Love doesn't make the world go 'round. Love is what makes the ride
        worthwhile.  Franklin P Jones
You can't have EVERYTHING.  Where would you put it?
Change is inevitable-except from a vending machine.  Robert Gallagher
Teenagers were put on earth to keep adults from wasting time on the
        telephone.
The surest way to make a red light turn green is to try to find something
        in the glove compartment.  Gary Doney
Manners are like the zero in arithmetic; they may not be much in themselves
        but they are capable of adding a great deal to the value of
        everything else.
Friends are family you choose for yourself.
A good listener is not only popular, but after a while he knows something.
Sometimes the best helping hand you can get is a good, firm push.
You are what you are when nobody is looking.
A single fact will often spoil an interesting argument.
Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding
        of ourselves.
Most of what we see depends on what we are looking for.
The art of being wise is knowing what to overlook.
Anybody who doesn't cut his speed at the sight of a police car is
        probably parked.
A wish is a desire without an attempt.
Be careful of your thoughts; they may become words at any moment. I Gassen
Most of the bridges we cross before we come to them are over rivers that
        do not exist.
Goldfish don't like jello.
If you believe that feeling bad or worrying long enough will change a past
        event, then you reside on another planet with a different
        reality system.
I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead.  J. Buffett
An object in possession seldom retains the charm it had in pursuit.
A folk singer is a person who gets rich singing about how wonderful it is
        to be poor.
If you want all the conversation you can handle, put a bandage on your
        forehead.
The trouble with taking a middle-of-the-road position is that you're likely
        to get run over from either direction!
They talk most who have the least to say.
When George Washington threw that dollar across the river, he didn't
        realize he was establishing a precedent for government spending.
We cough to clear our throats - we sign to clear our hearts.
Optimism is a cheerful frame of mind that enables a teakettle to sing
        while in hot water up to its nose.
One machine can do the work of 50 ordinary men.  No machine can do the
        work of 1 extraordinary man.  Elbert Hubbard
Success is a ladder that cannot be climbed with your hands in your pockets.
Manners are a sensitive awarness of the feelings of others.  If you have
        that awareness, you have good manners, no matter what fork you use.
Ever notice that people who forget to furn off their car lights always
        remember to lock their doors?
Praise is something somebody tells you about yourself that you suspected
        all along.
The universe is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to
        grow sharper.  E. Phillpots
A face without freckles is like a sky without stars.
A real friend takes a winter vacation on a sun-drenched beach and doesn't
        send a card.
What I do today is important because I am exchanging a day of my life for
        it.
Silence often says more than any words could - and often says it better.
He who hesitates is interrupted.  Franklin P Jones
You may forget with whom you laugh, but you will never forget with whom you
The finest steel has to go through the hottest fire.
Big shots are only little shots who kept on shooting.  C. Morley
Tell someone there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe
        you.  but tell him a bench has just been painted and he has to
        touch it to be sure.  Edna McCann
The noisy thunder does nothing; the silent lightning strikes.
Any child can tell you that the sole jpurpose of a middle name is so he can
        tell when he's really in trouble.  Dennis Fakes
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. T. Roosevelt
Friends last longer the less they are used.
Tell the truth and run.  Yugoslav proverb
God is like a mirror.  The mirror never changes but everybody who looks at
        is sees something different.  Rabbi Harold Kushner
A certain amount of opposition is a great help to a man.  Kites rise
        against, not with the wind.
The art of medicine consists of keeping the patient in a good mood while
        nature does the healing.  Voltaire
People who tell you never to let little things bother you have never tried
        sleeping in a room with a mosquito.  Katherine Chandler
People who know the least seem to know it the loudes.
You can't steal second base and keep your foot on first.
Success isn't a result of spontaneous combustion.  You must set yourself on
        fire.
Discovery is ... seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody
        has thought.
Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.  Thomas LaMance
We are all equal in the presence of death.
You don't stop laughing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop
        laughing.  Michael Pritchard
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
        Eleanor Roosevelt
One man cannot hold another man down in the ditch without remaining down in
        the ditch with him.
We may not return the affection of those who like us, but we always respect
        their good judgement.
A FANATIC is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the
        subject.
A friend is someone you can do nothing with, and enjoy it.
There's nothing so annoying as arguing with a person who knows what he's
        talking about!
Take the path of least resistance and you will go NOWHERE in a CROWD.

and last but not least . . .
                Too bad common sense isn't.

Hope you enjoyed this LLLOOONNNGGG list,
Leah

LEAH GOOLSBY, Librarian/TV Production         ^'^          /|\
Crestview High School, 1304 N. Ferdon Blvd.               / | \     ^'^
Crestview, FL  32536       904-689-7194                  /  |  \
FIRN:goolsbl Internet:goolsbl@mail.firn.edu ,,,,,,,,,,,,\SSSSSSS/,,,,,,,,

LM_NET Archive Home