I was the fortunate reviewer chosen by VOYA to review The Giver.  The book
blew me away.  There is so much there to study, and to parallel 1984 that
English and Ethics departments will be very blissful for years to come.  I
wish that the publishers will hurry up with the mass production of
permabound paperbacks so that class sets will be available asap.
When I read the book, I KNEW this was certainly a winner.  It looks as if it
will stand the test of time.
Sr.Mary Veronica, librarian, Xavier High School, NYC

LM_NET Archive Home