The cover story in the current issue of Time (March 14, 1994) is about
this discovery.  Information for this article was taken from the current
issue of Nature Magazine.

  :::::  Maria Elena Ovalle                     ovalle@tenet.edu    :::::
  ::::   Librarian, Edinburg High School        (210)316-7300 x.230 ::::
  :::::  801 E. Canton Rd.; Edinburg, TX 78539                      :::::

On Wed, 9 Mar 1994, Michael Kankiewicz wrote:

> I've been told that a very recent discovery (within the last few months)
> places Homo Erectus a half million years earlier than previously know.  This i
> extremely significant.  It would mean that H.E. existed along side Neanderthal
> for centuries.
> The problem is, I can't find any information on this.  Have any lm_netters
> heard anything about it?  Thanks.
>
>                                     Michael Kankiewicz
>                                     Science & Engineering Library
>                                     University at Buffalo