John (and other interested parties):
    Perhaps by now you are so inundated that you don't want to know anymore,
but I was catching up on some back issues of _Windows_ magazine this week
and saw an article in the DEC '93 issue, "Keep Data Top Secret By Locking
Your Windows," by Mike Elgan, pp.355-358.  In the same issue on p. 212 there's
a good tip for restricting access to Program Manager.  Good luck keeping the
hacking to a minimum!

On Sat, 26 Feb 1994, John Osterhout wrote:

> We are in need of a program which will allow us to pass word
>  protect Windows. We have quite a few high school hackers. It
> would be ideal to be able to pasword icons, file commands and most importantly
> EXIT TO DOS. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Jennifer Chandler
USC College of Library and Information Science
Internet: T400413@UNIVSCVM.CSD.SCAROLINA.EDU
AmericaOnline:  JenniferBC (via Internet: JenniferBC@aol.com)

LM_NET Archive Home