On Sun, 13 Mar 1994, William Ward 974-4473 wrote:

>     If the computer mouse was named for its supposed resemblance to a
>     common tailed rodent, would not the plural abide by accepted usage for
>     said rodent in multiples?
>
>     Bill Ward

Good point....and as Carol Simpson pointed out, what do we call the ball
"point devices" instead of mouses or mice?  A common name would be nice.

Betty
Betty Hamilton      <bhamilt@tenet.edu>     Voice: (806) 637-4523
Director of Library Media                           701 Cub Drive
Brownfield High School                        Brownfield TX 79316

LM_NET Archive Home