>  This morning the Academic Planning Board adopted in
>  full the recommendations of the Information Planning Group
>  for the establishment of a School of Information Management
>  and Systems to succeed the SLIS.  This means that we
>  now move actively into designing and implementing a new program that
>  meets the changing needs of libraries and other information organizations.

>  This new program will give us an opportunity to exercise leadership in a
>  fast-changing information world.  Libraries will remain a part of the
>  program (despite rumors to the contrary) but we will also address the
>  exciting new opportunities for information professionals.

Congratulations!  I *like* the new name.  Now, what must we do to make
sure we who are already in the field have the knowledge and skills to call
ourselves Information Systems Managers if a job description calls for
the new credentials?

Betty
Betty Hamilton      <bhamilt@tenet.edu>     Voice: (806) 637-4523
Director of Library Media                           701 Cub Drive
Brownfield High School                        Brownfield TX 79316

LM_NET Archive Home