        I have been using Mosaic with a dial up slip account for the past
few months.  I use a 14.4 modem with 4x compression so sometimes it is
almost tolerably fast.

        I use it because it seems like where this telecom technology will
want to be.

        Benchmark: At present the videos I've viewed have taken 2-3 min to
load (or More) and they're not as good as Quicktime.  On the other hand,
you can move thru the Vatican Library on various tours and look closely at
the exhibits while hearing narration.

        TCI just put fiber down my street. Combined with Mosaic, it easy to
picture a dazzling future.

LM_NET Archive Home