Wow, does that hit home!  I have a TERRIBLE time getting books returned at the
end of the year (teachers too).  I am having pretty good luck this year with
sending out computerized lists of books not returned on a weekly database.  This
give the teachers the opportunity to read the lists and have an immediate effect
on the kids.  Of course, some of them continue to ignore the lists and do not
return the books, b ut at least these lists (which I am careful to tell them are
reminders) let the kids know we're thinking of them. It seems to be a good idea
to let the teachers give help in reminding the kids.  It is interesting to me
that some teachers rooms have few if any outstanding books at the end of the
year, and others...

I wish we could hold back report cards for those who have two or more books out.
 Books are SO expensive to replace, and of course some books cannot be replaced
no matter how much money yo have.

This is a real problem.  I hope others have some solution to it.

Janet

Rawdonj@a1.mec.mass.edu

LM_NET Archive Home