A company with an account on America On-line has been running an
e-mail scam on various e-mail lists to collect e-mail addresses.
The principle target has been lists serving K12 educators,
administrators, and students.

I have contacted America On-line and they state that they do not
support such activites on their system:

  postmaster@aol.com said:
  >The member TMPR has been contacted and requested to cease sending
  >out this type of mail.  If you receive this type of email from TMPR
  >in the future, please be sure to let us know.

If you ever receive any unsolicited e-mail from "TMPR@AOL.COM",
"Tylin Promotions", or "Careers in Education Expos" please complain
to postmaster@aol.com.  I would also appreciate hearing about it.

Stephen E. Collins   http://www.micro.umn.edu/SEC.html
University of Minnesota      sec@boombox.micro.umn.edu
Distributed Computing Services          (612) 625-1300

LM_NET Archive Home