        I am Karen Peterson, a school librarian in Washington, D.C.  I am
compiling a list of children's picture books in which words of the story
text appear as part of the illustrations.  One example is RAIN MAKES
APPLESAUCE (1964), words by Julian Scheer, pictures by Marvin Bileck.  I'm
doing this (read, "I need this!") for a class that I'm taking on the
history of book illustration.
        If people will respond to me, I'll compile the responses and post
A HIT-> on the topic back to the entire LM_NET.
        Please reply to <kpetersn@CAPCON.NET>.

                                        Thank you,
                                                Karen Peterson
                                                Maret School