From: Judy Jerome, OCM BOCES School Library System

Hello, comrades:

When I evaluate CD ROM encyclopedias, I try to think first of the quality of
information that is included on it. That is, what is the print equivalent.
Encarta is the Funk and Wagnalls encyclopeda that can be bought in grocery
stores, one volume at a time. If I choose to not have the print version, then
I would probably choose not to have the digital version.

Is there ever a case where the *electronic experience* itself outweighs the
information that is being sought? Anyone have thoughts about this?

Judy

***Dance Like Nobody's Watching; Love Like You Can't Be Hurt***
*Sing Like Nobody's Listening; Live Like It's Heaven on Earth**
Judy Jerome                                 Voice: 315-433-2665
JJerome@Onondaga.Bitnet                       Fax: 315-433-2649

LM_NET Archive Home