I've had several questions about my message about ESEA in the Senate:

1.  Only one Senator has an E-Mail address, Senator Kennedy.  His  E-Mail
    address was sent with my previous message.

2.  Mark-up means that they are taking all of the proposals from the various
    Bills already in Congress and deciding whether they should be a part of
    the revised ESEA.  The House has already passed Its version of ESEA and
    sent it on to the Senate.

3.  What we need to do is let our Senators know about how these funds will
    make a critical difference in their States.  We need to emphasize that if
    this Country has a chance to meet the critical goals for the year 2000 we
    must have accurate and up-to-date resources and not just computers.  Quote
    from recent studies that emphasize that a quality library media program and
    staff are the most critical areas in determining success of students on
    achievement tests.  Also emphasize that we need a partnership between the
    Federal, State and Local governments to provide current resources and
    services.
************************* _________***********************************
| Tom Hart              <__    _ * \ -  /      Tom Hart               |
| <hart@lis.fsu.edu>       \--/  \     |       2610 Mayfair Rd.       |
| Professor, School of Lib        |     \      Tallahassee, FL 32303  |
| and Info Studies,               /      |     Home (904) 385-7550    |
| Florida State University,       |      /                            |
| Tallahassee, FL 32306-2048       \     |                            |   |
| Office Phone: 904/644-8122        \   /                             |
| Fax 904/644-9763                   \ /                              |
Internet:  hart@lis.fsu.edu

LM_NET Archive Home