I use the Checkpoint security system in my library.  I too was bothered
by students taking out the date due stickers and putting them in another
student's backpack.  I also hated the little stickers we had to use to
cover the sensor.  They were hard to peel off, and could not be reused.
Even the kids thought they were wasteful when they saw me peeling them
out when I checked in books.

About a year ago, at the Texas Library Conference, I talked to a vendor
who had a date due card with foil inside which would work with the
Checkpoint date due stickers.  I put pockets "over" all the stickers
(sersors) and now I use the date due cards.  I am much happier when I
check in books, it is faster and no little stickers all over the place.
But the best thing is that the kids don't know see the sensors.  We are a
middle school of 6th, 7th & 8th grades.  We have not had one case of a
student putting a sensor on anther students back or in their books.

If you would like the name of the vendor who sells the foil lined date
due cards, please let me know.

Maggie McGraw
William Slider Middle School
El Paso, TX 79936