To all of you interested in the article-I have been unable to get a copy
of the article but it is on dialogue and nexus SF Chronicle April 25
Business section page B1-Here is a summary
"Kidware computer firms learn education can be profitable"
 High-technology companies are finding that educational software for
children can bring large profits.
 Parents are snapping up programs such as reader rabbit and math blaster
to help their children learn reading, writing and arithimetic.
 Sales of such educational "kidware"leaped 66% last year to $242 million
from $148 million in 1992.
Parents are turning to such programs for 2 good reasons: They boost test
scores and provide a wholesome alternative to sex, violence and mindless
sitcoms on cable and network TV.
 Test scores at Clearview Elementary School in San Diego County have
risen from the 17th percentile to nearly the 89th percentile in the past
3 yearrs since the public school introduced computers, subscriptions to
the Internet and video-conferencing with professores at San Diego State
Univ.

 Hope this is helpful to those who have asked me for more infor.
Also--anybody out there from San Diego County or Clearview elem. who
could share more info with us it would be appreciated. Thanks. Sorry to
take so long to respond.
Sharyn Mckee
Smckee@eis.calstate.edu

LM_NET Archive Home