I agree completely with your negative assessment of US History on
CD-ROM.  We have it at home--it was software that came with our first
computer.  It concentrates on military and political history, with very
little economic or social coverage.  It is difficult to print from:
whole chapters of textbooks will print when you only want a couple of
pages.  The maps are mostly small and unreadable.  Unfortunately, there
does not seem to be much out there that's any better.  Does anyone have
an alternative choice in history?

Sylvia Adair, MLIS almost-graduate, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
adair@csd4.csd.uwm.edu

LM_NET Archive Home