OK, folks.  Any of you Infofinder proponenets want to tell him all about it?
Please respond to the address below, not to me.  I copied this from
another list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 10 May 1994 09:31:28 -0400
From: Robin Gardella - Southfield <rg@METRONET.LIB.MI.US>
To: Multiple recipients of list CDROMLAN <CDROMLAN@idbsu.idbsu.edu>
Subject: CD Encyclopedias

Hello all,

        I work at a medium-sized public library here in Michigan which
offers a number of CD sources to the public and staff via our CD
network--we use Novell 3.12, Optinet, Lan Workgroup for DOS (for
TCP/IP)--we have a mini-computer based Integrated Library System
installed and it can be telnetted to from the LAN if a user or staff
member needs to switch to that system.  We are very pleased with how
everything is working.  Our problem is that our subscription to the
Information Finder (World Book's CD version of the encyclopedia and
dictionary) is up for renewal, and we've never been crazy about the user
interface.

Is anyone else out there making this source available to the public in a
networked environment?  We find it is the most confusing source to our
public of all the sources that we offer.

I'd like to hear if other CD encyclopedias are better--I know there's
been articles written but wanted some real life experiences.  We want
non-multimedia sources only, at least this year...

Thanks in advance!

Robin Gardella
Southfield Public Library
Southfield, MI