Hello,

     Your friend obviously has an unenhanced Apple IIe that doesn't have
the 65C02 chip which allows for upper/lower case characters.  ProTerm is
excellent software, but you're hooking it up to an antique.  You could
check the ads in Incider magazine and undoubtedly 65C02 chips are still
available, but your friend will also need to buy more RAM to run the
software.  Your friend might want to upgrade computers before investing
any more money in this present system.

Gene LaFaille
Brunswick School
wick1@transit.nyser.net

On Wed, 11 May 1994, Cindy Simpson wrote:

> Help, LN-Netters,
>
> I have a friend who has been trying unsuccessfully to set up his modem at
> home.  He has an Apple 2E with a 300 baud internal modem.  for some
> reason the communications program he was using isn't working or he lost
> it or whatever.  We got him a version of ProTerm and when he puts in the
> floppy disc he immediately gets a message which says "Proterm needs a 65
> CO2 processor to run".  Does anyone know what this means or what he
> needs.  He has bought a 2400 external modem and has been told he needs a
> rectangular 9 pin atachment.  Does anyone know what this means and where
> to get one.  Also, he has been told he needs a card to enhance his
> computer.  What does this mean and what is it?  thanks in advance for the
> help.

>    * Cindy Simpson            *
>    * Pinecrest Elementary     *
>    * Campbell River, B. C.    *