        I have two questions:

        I am a first year library student at the School of Information
and Library Science at the University of Buffalo. In one of my classes, I
have been going out to various schools in the area and observing their
libraries. When I meet the SLMS', some ask me where I've taught previously.
I tell them that I don't have any prior teaching experience. Some SLMS
seem surprised and others are aghast, especially those who worked in public
school systems.
        My question? Should I be concerned by their reactions? What kind
of advice can you give to grad students like myself entering the
SLMS field?

        My other question: I'm doing a paper on Lois Duncan's book, Killing
Mr. Griffin and objections/censorship of the book. Has anyone had any
experiences with it? Any information regarding this book would be most
useful to me.

Vanessa Zoll
v105nkrm@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu

LM_NET Archive Home