I recently read an article recommending the use of Amazing
Grace when discussing racial prejudice with the classroom.
I read the book last summer.  I saw the book as a source for
enpowerment of the female who wanted something; Grace was not
the only minority.  The character who wanted the lead in the
play was viewed (by me) as the typical dominate force in the
classroom.  Were my WASP eyes blind?  Did this book strike
anyone else as a "prejudice awareness" book on the first reading?
...Unfortunately my school did not purchase in the past, so I
will have to add this to the collection in the next book order.

LM_NET Archive Home