        I found out that the arts department in my elementary school has
come up with a WONDERFUL idea:  to put a portable stage in the library so
that there can be performances there.  I do NOT think this is a wonderful
idea and need to make an argument to my administrator against it.  Can you
help me with articulate arguments?  Briefly, here is my situation:  the
library is in a former auditorium, which had a stage until 4 years ago when
it was taken out during new construction.  The room is bigger than necessary
for my operations, but I do use all the space.  The bookshelves in the
middle of the room are on wheels and we regularly move them to the
perimeters of the room for assemblies - kids sit on the floor.  Assemblies
are different from performances, however, because performances require
rehearsal times and scenery.  Last week there was a performance in the
library, and scenery was left behind (forgotten), blocking access to
resources.  That performance required only rehearsal, but it interfered with
one of my classes.  Am I wrong to be so touchy?  Do I need to loosen up, be
more flexible?
        A second problem arose connected with this one - I'll put it in a
second message, though.
        Thanks in advance for your help.  Please respond directly to me.

--
Suzanne Cane
Lincoln School

LM_NET Archive Home