On Fri, 11 Nov 1994, John Handsaker wrote:

> If state departments of education could stop killing trees and use our
> electronic boxes as the next generation tool, not just nice typewriters.
> Although I must give our DPI credit, I have seen disks with blank forms done
> with  a word processor sent out to some departments.  Think there could be
> another interesting survey here.

John, if you could then convince colleges and universities to send disks!
or email requests for their applications, that would be nice too!  My son
is in the throes of applying to college, and although we DO have one
electronic company that has many colleges on its list which accepts the
forms (they are filled out on disk, sent to the company, and the PRINTED
out form is sent back to us so that we may send in the printed form.
My son is not convinced all schools will be happy with this procedure, so
he is handwriting his applications, since we no longer have a typewriter
that works well.  If all our universities are coming up with gophers and
wwws and everything related to INTERNET, WHY ARE THEEY STILL SEENDING
THOSE STUPID PRINTED APPLICATION FORMS????????????

Gripe of the day.     Tamah Graber
                      Darnestown E.S.
                      Darnestown, MD     tgraber@umd5.umd.edu

LM_NET Archive Home