I was in the 9th grade at Annapolis jr. high school when the announcement
that Kennedy had been shot was made. They dismissed us and we were sent
home. We were all stunned and crying. I really looked up to Kennedy and
thought he was a wonderful president. He was really the first president i
was aware of as a person. Eisenhower just didn't make much of an
impression on a teenager. The day of the funeral my parentas took us into
DC and we saw John-John waving and that also made a great impression
because i realized how young the president and Jackie really were.

                          Sharyn Udell Mckee
                          Turnbull Learning Academy
                          San Mateo,CA 94401
                          smckee@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us