Sandy,

I was at school which was then located where Central Middle School is
now.  I walked into the main office where they usually had a radio turned
on.  Just as I walked in the announcer broke in and made the
announcement.  The rest of the week and most of the next was consumed by
the investigation, the funeral, the shooting in the basement of the
Dallas Police Dept., etc.

This note from right here in Dover may not impress your students as much
as the ones you get from all over the country.

Ralph Hinzman
Dover High

On Thu, 3 Nov 1994, Sandra P. Phillips wrote:

> Hello everyone,  One of our 8th grade social studies teachers is planning
> a discussion next week about the assassination of John Kennedy.  As part
> of his unit, he has asked his students to ask their grandparents, older
> friends, or teachers what they remember about the day JFK died. (Their
> parents too, if they were old enough at that time to remember!) He would
> appreciate hearing from any of you or anyone in your school who remembers
> where they were on that day, what they were doing, etc.  Your messages
> will be shared with all our students in a special JFK display.  Thanks
> for your help.  sppp@strauss.udel.edu
>
> Sandra Phillips, Librarian
> Dover Air Force Base Middle School
> Hawthorne Drive