I remember that I was at home, ironing.  I had set up the ironing board in the
living room in front of the TV, and was watching, so I heard the first news
bulletins about the president being shot in Dallas.  For the next several days
we did little else but watch the television  coverage of the event.  I have 4
sons, who would have been about 7, 12, 13 & 14 at the time.  They got really
tired of steady news coverage of this.  I remember watching Mrs. Kennedy
disembark from the plane which took her back to Washington D.C. that night,
still wearing the pink suit soaked in her husband's blood.  That really brought
the horror of the murder home to me.  Barbara Tope, Madison Plains Schools,
London, Ohio KMP_Tope@mec.ohio.gov

LM_NET Archive Home