:Hello to the class...At the time President Kennedy was assassinated I was
a college student at Augustana College in Rock Island, Illinois...I was
sitting at a typewriter in the office of the college library.  I remember
that it was a sunny day...when the reference librarian came in and
announced that the president had been shot...at first it was not to be
believed, but then a numbness set in. I lived with my aunt and uncle who
were catholic...I remember the shades being drawn and our sitting in front
of the television watching the news.

Doris Smith
Bedford Public Schools
Bedford, Mass