Greetings from London, Canada the "Forest City on the banks of the Thames
River"
It's almost hard to believe that I'm able to remember something that happened
so long ago! This event had such an effect on all.
I was just in my second year of teaching when the assassination happened. At
that time I was teaching a class of 42 students in grades 4,5 and 6. We heard
the news from a parent who had heard it on the radio and had come to our
school to tell us what had happened. We were shocked and could not believe
that such a thing could be true.
My wife at this time was working for a law firm. She said that her boss came
out of his office as soon as he heard the news report. He was visibly shaken
and could only say, "They shot the President!"

Even to this day I have the front pages of our local newspaper announcing the
death of the President.

P.S. I travelled through Dover two summers ago, as we travelled to Rehoboth
Beach.

Roy Kenney, Teacher-Librarian
Jack Chambers Public School
London Ontario