     Doug Johnson's comments on reader's rights and his description of a
textbook-based reading program are right on target.  This should be a wake-up
call to all educators.  Too often we speak only among ourselves (LMSs), and
although we may disagree periodically, I believe there are some fundamental
beliefs that are common among us.  We need to spread our messages beyond this
listserv.  Doug, I encourage you to put that message on some other
educational listservs (if that has not already occurred), and I encourage all
LM_NETters to become actively engaged in one other listserv that has a
general educational focus.  We must speak beyond this library community.
Marjorie Pappas
Wright State University  (Dayton, OH)
MarjorieP@aol.com

LM_NET Archive Home