We have a new Assistant Principal of Instruction who's looking for a way
to encourage students to check around home to locate books that belong to
the school (mainly textbooks, but, of course, some library books may show
up as well) that "came home" in the past (primarily with older brothers
and sisters) and need to be returned.  No penalties, no questions asked,
etc.  Shes's proposing some type of a contest - pizza parties for the
classes of the teacher whose students round up the most books or perhaps
a gift of money to the "winning" teacher or department to buy needed
supplies.  There might be a collection box in each classroom to
facilitate this.  She says she's tried this in other school districts
where she's worked.  I'm having trouble visualizing it in our high
school, and she too is unsure as to just how to work it here.  Have any
of your ever tried this type of thing?  If so, how did you work it?
Hopefully, there are some models out there.  I'll collect your replies
and post a "HIT."  Thanks.  Eunice Stewart, C.K. McClatchy H.S.,
Sacramento CA (estewar@ctp.org).

LM_NET Archive Home