I have had "No Fines Day" on the secondary level before, usually the last
week of school.  It was announced over the PA, posters and signs.  It was
successful in getting in material that had been out for weeks or months.
I did not give prizes.

One year I had an asst. princ. who felt it was not fair to those students
who had abided by the rules and paid their overdue fines, and he vetoed the
idea.

Do you feel that not charging fines would help any?  I have been
following the LM_NET discussion on this.

LM_NET Archive Home