How wonderful it would be should a new Assistant Principal of
Instruction want to create a reading initiative, or to insist that all
teachers include co-taught resource-based information skills
initiatives.   Ah well, we must settle, I guess, for getting overdue and
books-that-should-stay-lost back.
Fine, enjoy, encourage.  BUT, weasel your way into that heart and plant
some seeds that will bear your message and fruit into initiatives that
will be the true purpose of the library media center into the school.

My analysis, without knowing any more information, is that this is a
person who wants to be supportive, but doesn't know how.   Good luck,
and let us know how we can help.

Gail Dickinson
Union-Endicott Central School District
Endicott, NY 13760