To Don Cady and others having problems with GINA, I second the
frustration.  The documentation was apparently written either by a
dedicated minimalist or someone who knows the program so well that it
doesn't occur to him/her that neophytes need details.

Anyway, I called support after installing GINA on my PC and getting a
catalog of error messages.  Within several hours, I received a call back
from a helpful person who, unfortunately, really knew MAC better.  We
sorted things out, I think; however, when I tried to connect, I kept
getting a busy signal.  At this rate, I may never know whether it works
or not.

Our systems analyst installed it here at work on the network, then left
for Comdex.  Then I found out what the host really is (not CTP, but
CELLO.GINA.EDU).  So it will be next week, after CMLEA, before he can try
to get it up and running here.  (Sigh.)  And I'm supposed to do a week's
training in the TMU in December.

I assume that GINA will have a booth at CMLEA (or maybe not--never assume
anything)and we'll be able to get som help there.

Meanwhile, try calling for support at (310)985-9632 if you haven't already.

Cheers--your partner in frustration--

Rachel
aixoise@netcom.com

LM_NET Archive Home