    Thank you to everyone who responded to my request for lunch hour
management ideas. I recieved 15 great responses and have summarized them
below for everyone's benefit.  I've now got some ideas that I'm going to
discuss with my principal.

     1.  The librarian originates "Library Lunch Passes" from the library
each morning.  The number of passes passed out each day depends on the
number of classes using the library during the lunch hour.  (This would
be useful for schools with a split lunch/class schedule.)

     2.  Each teacher has a set number of "Library Lunch Passes" (3-5)
that can be passed out each day by the individual teachers.  (Some
schools laminate and color-code these passes for continual use.)

     3.  Only subject area teachers are allowed to hand out "Library
Lunch Passes".

     4.  A "set" number of laminated "Library Lunch Passes" given out by
one person each morning.  (In one school a school secretary passes these
out each morning.)

     5.  Teachers are assigned 1/2 hour library lunch duty to help
monitor the library during lunch without a library lunch pass system.
(Some schools have paid part-time staff to monitor the library during lunch.)

     6.  Close the library during lunch.  This would allow time for the
librarian to eat and not take away from class time.

     Once again, LM_NET has come through when I needed it most.

Marsha Saucier
Librarian                               phone:   (512) 251-2238
Pflugerville High School                E-mail:   mls@tenet.edu
1301 W. Pecan St.                       Fax:     (512) 990-1471
Pflugerville, Tx. 78660