King Stork has been mentioned as challenged material.  It was
also challenged in my county by a parent because of the erotic
carvings on the table.  Ironically, Children's Catalog included
it and praised the illustrations.  The book was removed and as
far as I know, it is still on the shelves in "The Rose Garden"
(our name for the School Board Office).  This was one of those
cases where I could see both sides...the illustrations WERE
explicit, yet it had been suggested by CC as part of a core
collection. It was removed after the procedure for challenging
materials was followed.

Julia Steger
Librarian
Clifton Forge Elementary Schools
Clifton Forge, VA  24422
jsteger@pen.k12.va.us

***A Lap is a Terrible Thing to Waste
   Adopt a Pet from your Local Animal Shelter!***

LM_NET Archive Home