I'm struggling with this question a bit, too.  In some ways I am afraid
we are encouraging plagiarism by providing electronic sources where
students can "cut and paste" to their heart's content and never bother a
brain cell in any sort of analysis.  I don't have time to monitor
everything which every student does in the library -- do you?  On a
different level, I am saddened by the apparent lack of ethics, in the
broad sense, which leads to the attitude that if you don't get caught,
it's OK -- I wonder where that came from?

Gerry Clare, Teacher-Librarian
gclare@cln.etc.bc.ca

LM_NET Archive Home