If we are teaching the whole process (BIG SIX or similar) is
plagiarism a major concern? Part of the information problem
solving process is identifying the audience and synthesizing
information to be delivered in the most appropriat media and
method for that audience. I get a chuckle out of my kids when I
have them evaluate the writing quality of most encyclopedia passages.
They discover that they are way too dense, hard to read, and
down-right boring! CD-ROM print-outs should be turned in for
credit along with note cards or rough drafts.
--
Peter Butts      |X|                  |X|
East Middle School   |X|          |X|      "One Man Gathers

LM_NET Archive Home